Radio contests are a great way to keep listeners engaged and increase ratings. Here are eleven contest ideas that will help get your listeners involved.
11 Contest Ideas for Radio Stations to Engage Audiences
Promotional strategies, such as contests, work for radio stations because listeners respond very well and people are driven to listen more to the stations that run contests. The following are radio station contest ideas that are proven winners when it comes to engaging an audience:
- Concert Ticket Giveaways – Everyone loves winning free tickets to see their favorite band or artist. Radio stations can team up with concert venues to give away pairs of tickets to listeners.
- Free Music Downloads – Similar to ticket giveaways, radio stations can give away free music downloads. This is a great way to promote new artists or songs that are being played on the radio station.
- Meet and Greet with a Local Celebrity – Fans would love the chance to meet their favorite local celebrity. Radio stations can team up with a local celebrity to offer a “meet and greet” as a prize.
- Lunch with the DJs – A favorite promotion at radio stations is the contest known as “Lunch with the DJs”. The contest prize is a free lunch session with the radio station DJs, many of whom have a large and popular following. This is a great way for listeners to get to know the DJs and feel as if they are part of the radio station family.
- Studio Tour – A studio tour is a great way for listeners to see where the magic happens. Radio stations can offer tours of their studios as a prize for lucky listeners.
- Name that Tune – This is a classic radio contest that can be done in many different ways. Listeners call in and try to name the song that is playing, or they can try to name the song that will be played next.
- Trivia Contest – Radio stations can host a trivia contest at certain times of the day where listeners can call in and answer questions for a chance to win prizes. This is an engaging and fun way to bring in more listeners and get them involved with the radio station.
- Scavenger Hunt – Radio stations can hide clues around town and listeners can call in to the radio station as they try to find the prize. This is an active way to engage listeners and it also promotes the radio station.
- Find the DJ – This is a variation of the scavenger hunt where, instead of looking for a prize, listeners have to find the radio station’s DJ. Listeners especially enjoy following clues to find the elusive DJ and win a photo with the DJ at the end.
- Call in and Win – This is a classic radio contest where listeners can call in to the radio staton for a chance to win prizes. This is an easy way to engage listeners on a frequent basis and get them involved with the radio station.
- Social Media Contest – Radio stations can host a social media contest where listeners can post about the radio station on social media for a chance to win prizes. This is an excellent way to grow the social media presence of the radio station as new listeners become engaged.
Radio contests are a great way to keep listeners engaged and increase ratings. By offering prizes that create a responsive listening audience and an engaged and growing audience, radio stations can grow successfully for many years.